Saturday, November 28, 2009

First Thanksgiving

Well our first Thanksgiving with McKade has come and gone and it was a great one, busy but really fun. We went to my grandparents in Idaho where we had dinner at the highschool. My grandmother has helped with the groundskeeping and other things at the highschool in their little town for as long as I can remember and so we were able to use the highschool's cafeteria which worked perfect for our large family. Somehow Paul got stuck cleaning up the kitchen.

Not all of the family were there this year but several of my mother's siblings were able to make it. My aunt Jenny and her family were able to come back for the holidays from Saudi Arabia so it was great to be able to see them.

The little boy was so tired from all the driving and fell asleep during dinner. Such a sweet little boy he is.


McKade did really good with all the driving until on our way home. He made it ok until about Salt Lake and he had a meltdown. I was pumping in the truck while we drove but he had enough of being in his car seat and screamed. We have never heard him scream like that ever. We stopped at my parents house so I could nurse him and get him calmed down and he slept for a bit then had another breakdown in the canyon. Needless to say it was a long trip home. Even today when I put him in his carseat to go to a wedding he screamed the entire time. I think he is worried that he will be strapped in for another 4 hours. Hope he gets over this because usually he is great traveling but this was the longest trip we have taken. HIs schedule has been so messed up so maybe that is a lot of the problem also.
Well I hope everyone had a safe and fun Thanksgiving. I know we did. I am truly grateful for everything we have and all our family and friends. We are truly blessed is all I can say. Life couldn't be better.



1 comment:

  1. Fun to hear about your traveling...Oh I know that long driving scream so well!! He is so cute I love the pic of you holding him.

    ReplyDelete