Sunday, April 11, 2010

Way too long..... (part deux)

Like I said I have so much to update so this post had to be a 2 parter. Anyways..... Easter was fun with McKade around, even though he didn't know what was going on he still enjoyed his Easter baskets from us and Grandma and Grandpa Metelko. He is funny with "containers" of any sort, he will dump everything out then put the stuff back in and will do this over and over. He liked the easter eggs because some had stuff in them so he liked to shake them and make noise. I have him a marshmellow peeps and he wasn't having anything to do with touching it because it was sticking to his hand. If I held it for him he would taste it but wouldn't touch it himself. It was too funny to watch.

McKade has decided that sitting up in the bath is boring and now insists on getting onto his tummy, I can sit him up and he will immediately get back onto his tummy. He looks like a little frog swimming when he does this it's funny. He will also stick his mouth in the water and lap at it like a dog, every now and then he will put his face in further that he intended and get a suprise nose-full of water. He will learn.

This shows the sense of humor he is getting. I have had a cold for the past couple of weeks and always get this annoying cough that hangs on forever. I have noticed that when I cough McKade will cover his ears, how does a 9 month old know to cover his ears to block out an annoying cough????? Today I was feeding him and was able to cough and get him to do it for a picture. It's soooo funny because he will do it over and over each time I cough. If only he could talk he would tell me to "shut up with the coughing all ready". Other funny things he does is he smile but will scrunch up his face so his eyes close and then will laugh and do it again. He also has started making this funny noise so he will do his scrunchy face smile, make his funny noise and laugh at himself or with us because we are laughing and do it over and over. I have tried to catch it on video but haven't been able to yet. When I do I will be sure to post it because it's good for a laugh.


Also this past week I had a birthday........this one I would like to forget because I turned 30 (gasp!?!?!?!) When did this happen, I still remember being a dumb teenager skipping class in highschool (sorry mom) and now I'm 30. I can't believe it, time really does fly when you are having fun. My mother in law had dinner for us and than me, Paul and McKade went to Orem on Friday for some shopping and dinner. My mom watched McKade so we could go to dinner, I can't remember the last time we went to dinner just by ourselves. It was nice to just be the 2 of us.

Since I was at work on Thursday on my birthday Paul helped Mckade send me flowers. They are absolutely gorgeous and so sweet. The card said "Happy 30th mom, love McKade", very sweet. First time I have gotten flowers sent to me at work, great job babe.


Wow...a marathon post but finally caught up with what has been going on in our lives for the past month or so. Bring on spring and the warm weather, we are getting antsy and need to get outside.



1 comment:

  1. I love to see him even if it is in pictures. He is getting so big and sooo cute. I love the picture of the three of you. My favorite.

    ReplyDelete